Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day1: We're Off




The idea of blogging didn't happen until I was already driving. So, I don't have the first few pictures I really want.


We went over what we packed the night before. I was trying not to forget anything. And we wanted to get to sleep early. Well, those two thing led to nightmares. Actually, they were not too bad. I just woke up in sweat. I just sat up straight with a yell. Con shakes me and tells me to wake up. "What time is it? It must be 5am. We have an hour before we have to go. That is plenty of time right?


If you answered that with a yes, you are a man. If you are a woman, you are probably empathizing with my wife, who was throwing back the covers and screaming something about time.


I looked at the alarm clock. I apparently misread the dial by only one.


Well, we shut up the house, turned off the water, closed the windows and crawled on the bike. And we were off only 30 minutes late. One block down the street, I asked Con if she wanted to pray. No answer. I asked again, no answer. The music was playing, but no communication between Con and I. Everything worked yesterday. Not now!!!!


Well, apparently, I just inadvertently hit a button and turned the intercom volume down to almost off. Five minutes and we were on the rode again.


So, I put in the waypoints (directions) for the GPS to get to our first night in Penn. First city on the map was Marion. But, the GPS is telling me to go North. I know better than that. So, I ignore the GPS and start off for Marysville, Southeast.


We stop at Bob Evans for breakfast and I get out the map. Well, I make a small error. It seems that in my mind, I put Marion where Deleware really is. No big deal, it just increased our travel time by 30 minutes.




If you ever go through Monroe, look for the Little Red Caboose Ice Cream Parlor. I wish I stopped for a picture.




In Gallion, we saw a a really cool railroad station. I stopped for this one. Got two pictures.

Somewhere in Mansfield, the GPS actually told me to go in a circle. Yes, it told me to go left, then left, then left, then left. Seriously, it told me to go in a circle. This is not a lie, it told me to go in a circle. Electronics, do we really need them?
The trip and roads were great. Many curves, many hills. Obviously, something a motorcycle driver hates.
Well, we stopped to ask directions, yes, even with a GPS. We got to our destination in the afternoon. Room is fine. Supper was great.
Tomorrow, we are trying to get to the Finger Lakes. The map indicates that most of the roads are scenic. God sure good.

1 comment:

  1. the rozelles (jeff, tiff, molly and anna... chem teacher from cincy who just got his phd at eastern michigan), our friends that now live in Syracuse, say that the finger lake region is a must see. I'm hoping to make it there someday...

    ReplyDelete