Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day10 – Con’s sick.

Yepp. She woke up, did some knitting, walked around the room, and promptly threw up. Well, actually, she asked me for a bag. Do you know how hard it is to find a bag in someone else's home at 6 am while not trying to wake the dog or anyone else for that matter? OK, I found a trash can, but Con wants a bag. Back to the kitchen. Finally, I find the baggie drawer and a new Zip-Lock. That is when I heard the sound. You know, that gurgling, belly emanating, gut-wretching groan. Uh-oh, too late.

Fortunately, she had emptied the wet cloth bag. Well, I tried.

Dawn awoke. I asked for a thermometer. It was 99.8. The Beaulieu's offered to keep us another day and I gratefully accepted. Con slept for another 6 hours.

That night Alan had a driving duty for the teens at the church. Nice idea. The teens go out after VBS and visit and invite the families that came. His group had a great time. We, on the other hand, got to go out for steak. Oh, the sacrifice we make.

Well, Con must be feeling better, because her sliders and mashed potatoes were gone when we left. And the ice cream treat I was eating suddenly disappeared. Tomorrow, we leave for the second time. Well, literally, we would be leaving for the third time. (Metaphorically speaking, that was meant for Michelle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment